MOD CV / ams CV plugins?

Is there likely to be an update to MODEP to include the MOD CV and/or ams CV plugins?

3 Likes

I too am really interested in the CV plugins. Unfortunately Iā€™m a n00b at all this linux stuff so I donā€™t have the first clue about how to start trying to port them. Is anyone smarter than me working on this? Iā€™d be happy to donate a coffee/beer to help out.

you only need:

1. clone the git
  2. compile
  3. install (if the binaries install on: /usr/local/lib/lv2/mod-midi-to-cv-mono.lv2) run: sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/lv2/mod-midi-to-cv-mono.lv2 /usr/modep/lv2/mod-midi-to-cv-mono.lv2
1 Like

Hi!

How do i step 1?

Hello, I am going down this path and encountering errors when I try to make the plugins. There have been several issues. PatchBox doesnā€™t automatically have build-essential or lvl2-dev. So those 2 need to be installed. Then, I run into an error when I try to make install mod-cv-plugins: Makefile:7: dpf/Makefile.base.mk: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target ā€˜dpf/Makefile.base.mkā€™. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory ā€˜/home/patch/Downloads/mod-cv-plugins/source/mod-logic-operatorsā€™

I am also encountering an error when I try to run ./waf configure for the ams-lv2 plugins. First, python isnā€™t installed or configured by default in Patchbox, so I had to fix that. Then I had to add gtkmm-2.4. Now I am getting an error that lvtk-plugin-1 is not found. I am still looking for documentation to figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated!

Maybe you installed python2, python3 is the default python version now for Raspberry Pi OS and Patchbox OS.

What is the exact error you get when attempting to build?

Thanks for the reply. I run:

python --version
Python 3.9.2

Here is the segment of the config.log that contains the error:

----------------------------------------

Checking for 'lvtk-plugin-1'
['/usr/bin/pkg-config', '--cflags', '--libs', 'lvtk-plugin-1']
err: Package lvtk-plugin-1 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `lvtk-plugin-1.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'lvtk-plugin-1' found
not found

from /home/patch/Downloads/ams-lv2: The configuration failed

Any help will be appreciated.

You need lvtk-dev package, but it seems itā€™s not available for bullseye. Installing from source code may work: GitHub - lvtk/lvtk: C++ Wrapper for LV2

Yes i installed it successfully, but still get the error.

You have to make sure /usr/bin/pkg-config --cflags --libs lvtk-plugin-1 prints the required info. You may have to find a way to register your local install correctly with pkg-config, thereā€™s ought to be info on the Internet about pkg-config. :slight_smile:

That is going to stretch my skills but I will give it a go.

I see lvtk installed at /usr/local/include/lvtk-2/lvtk/ on my machine, though the lvtk-plugin-1 file is not anywhere to be found. And even though I have added lvtk to my ā€œPKG_CONFIG_PATHā€, the ā€œ./waf configureā€ for ams-lvl2 is still reporting that lvtk-plugin-1 is still not found.

This is the command I used to add lvtk to my PKG_CONFIG_PATH:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:/usr/local/include/lvtk-2/lvtk/

I double checked and made sure that lv2 installed correctly, and it did with no errors.

So, any further thoughts?

Bumping to see if anybody can help

mod-cv.zip (3.3 MB)
mod-ams.zip (1.6 MB)
Try those if you are on a 64 bit OS , aarch 64 should be returned from uname -m

they might not be well optimized , need to recompile them with the adequate flags I think , but should be good to test

Thanks for sharing. Looks like Patchbox returns armv7l when I do the uname -m command. So these will not likely work. Any other options or recommendations?

Compiling them on your pi instead. They arenā€™t hard on the cpu. Let me know if you need some guidance

Yes, could use some further help. I have made it part of the way though compiling but keep getting errors. I noticed that CV menu items are showing up in ModeP, but there is nothing in there yet.