Midihub ne s'allume plus / Midihub won't power on anymore

Bonjour,
Je suis l’heureux possesseur du Midihub depuis février 2022 et l’utilise en mode autonome (sans ordinateur). Je l’utilise uniquement comme merge et filtre midi. J’en était très satisfait jusqu’à présent. Il est installé en position horizontale et n’est jamais déplacé. Le câble usb n’est jamais retiré.
Soudainement le Midihub ne s’est plus mis en marche.
J’ai constaté que la prise usb b avait pris du jeu (poids du câble en cause ?) : j’ai donc écarté les connecteur pour résoudre le problème, mais aucune amélioration, il ne semble plus y avoir d’alimentation électrique. Cela provient peut-être d’ailleurs.
J’ai vérifié le câble usb et le transformateur secteur, aucune anomalie, le problème se situe bien au niveau du Midihub lui-même.
J’aurais bien tenter de changer le connecteur usb b moi-même mais je n’ai pas le matériel adéquat ni les compétences pour essayer.
Quelqu’un aurait-il rencontrer ce genre de problème ? Une solution à me donner ?
je suis si triste…
Merci d’avance pour vos réponses !
—> Automatic translation from french :
Good morning,
I have been the proud owner of the Midihub since February 2022 and use it in standalone mode (without a computer). I only use it as a midi merge and filter. I was very satisfied with it so far. It is installed in a horizontal position and is never moved. The USB cable is never removed.
Suddenly the Midihub stopped working.
I noticed that the usb b socket had taken some looseness (weight of the cable in question?): so I moved the connectors aside to solve the problem, but none, there no longer seems to be a power supply. It may be from somewhere else.
I checked the usb cable and the mains transformer, no anomalies, the problem is indeed at the level of the Midihub itself.
I would have tried to change the usb b connector myself but I don’t have the right equipment or the skills to try.
Has anyone encountered this kind of problem? Any solution for me?
Thank you in advance for your answers

Hi,
If my experience can help :
Got this issue 2 or 3 times where the Midihub won’t boot.
After some time, it finally worked again and I figure it out that it could comes from the switch.
Now I keep the switch to ON position and only plug/unplug the USB to switch on/off the device. Never happened again.
Is it any known weakness on the switch ?
Does somebody else got this issue ?

1 Like

Good idea on trying to wiggle the switch a bit, even though the part itself seems sturdy, is from a reputable company and costs a fortune, we’ve seen some units where this part fails after a while.

You may send your unit to us for inspection and repair, please contact us directly via hello@blokas.io to arrange.

Yes I have had this. My first MH unit had a faulty USB jack and got returned for a new one. The replacement has the same switch issue that @gianni mentioned. And like him I keep my USB cable plugged in and the unit turned on. I simply plug the USB cable into my computer or a power brick when I need to power on.

Bonjour,
J’ai renvoyé mon unité à Blokas. Giedrius l’a inspecté, réparé et me la renvoie ! Je tenais donc à témoigner ici de sa gentillesse et de son professionnalisme, ce n’est pas si courant, cela mérite d’être souligné !!!
Merci Giedrius ! !! Bravo et longue vie à Blokas ! Des produits et un service après-vente au top !
—> Automatic translation from french :
Hello,
I sent my unit back to blokas. Giedrius inspected it, repaired it and is sending it back to me !
So I wanted to testify here to his kindness and professionalism, it’s not that common, it deserves to be highlighted !!!
Thank you very much Giedrius !!!
Bravo and long life to Blokas! Top-notch products and after-sales service !

2 Likes