Midihub Editor Suggestions

Computer: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Display: 13.3-inch (2560 x 1600)
Resolution: “Default for display” selected in display settings (that is, in “Displays” in the System Preferences settings menu, and then under the “Display” tab).

2 Likes

hey there,
little workflow suggestion:
Usually in any kind of program/ online form or similiar you can just press “TAB” on your keyboard to move to the next possible field to insert information.
I wish that to be the case in the editor as well. For example, jumping inside CC Remap Pipe from “In Low” to “In High”, type in your desired number, press TAB and move to “Out Low”, type your number, press TAB and be in the field to type in your “Out High”. I hope you understand my example :wink:

It def makes the workflow a little less mouse clicking and helps to put in numbers fast and without needing to take your hands away from your keyboard.

Greetings,
ony

7 Likes

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but would love to see color coding and labeling in the editor.

6 Likes

Hi… i have a 55" screen in my Studio… so what i RelayRealy need
is an Dark Mode for the Editor… than i am Happy :wink:

greetings

3 Likes

Apologies if this already exists, but it’d be really nice to have a mode where the editor communicated with the Midihub via sysex instead of the serial link. This would make it much easier to use in complex routing situations. For instance, I have a Bomebox that does all of my midi routing (~18 hardware USB midi devices connected to it, plus 18 ports of DIN MIDI. I can easily route USB midi in and out of the Midihub with it connected to the Bomebox, but with the editor showing up as USB serial, there’s no good way to get that connected to a computer that can run the editor unless I want to have the computer always-on and always-connected and use network midi with the Bome, which adds way more complexity. The Electra One’s editor, on the other hand, only needs sysex — I can use a simpler single midi network link (or just a DIN cable) when I need the editor, and if the laptop is off, everything still works fine.

I’d happily take a certain amount of performance hit, even, to have this working.

1 Like

Yep, I discussed a simular request here:

I really agree with you, and… I own the Electra One as well, and really enjoying it’s SysEx only way of doing things. It allows for a much more complex and customisable setup.

A post was split to a new topic: Editor’s title bar outside of screen bounds on Rasbperry Pi

Would really appreciate a “dark mode” too.
I have sight issues and use a large screen.
A dark background for the midi editor would help greatly.
Thank you for your consideration.

5 Likes

An optional midi monitor would be most helpful for troubleshooting purposes and have it be selectable for individual inputs and outputs.

The MIDI Monitor is available since 1.12.0 :slight_smile:

Ahh yes, I see it now, thanks!

1 Like

Could you make the ‘map’ buttons actually look like buttons? I discovered they could be pressed by accident.

The midi monitor is very useful but the latest events just scroll off the page, could it done so that the latest is at the top so you don’t have to keep clearing it? When selecting different parts of the pipe this clears the midi monitor which makes it hard to keep track of the output, maybe make it persistent.

1 Like

In channel remap maybe make the value drop downs actually look like drop down menus, since finding these I have been habitually clicking on all plain text to see what it does. I can select the text such as ‘bypass’ ‘in low’ etc but what function does this selection actually achieve beyond a sort of visual bookmark?

Which OS are you using?

When you are editing a large preset
I thought it would be easier to recognize the pipeline if I could name it and have it always visible.

1 Like

Any idea if the development team has heard the desire of the user base (counting two atm :D) for a Dark Mode on macOS (all other OS’ too I guess … :stuck_out_tongue: ). I know I need it … white hurts my eyes!

Imho the most important / needed feature!

3 Likes

Can we PLEASE implement this.

I work at night and the bright white screen is hard on the eyes

1 Like

I’m still shocked that we do not have colour coding and dark mode available!! surely a simple yet highly useful feature! Please Giedrius??

3 Likes

No Dark Mode - No Buy! :smiley: