Midi Clock offset

Hi,

Could we please get proper midi clock offset pipes ? The Tempo Sync Delay is not really helpful, it offsets the signal in music measures but what we need is an offset control in ms which both can go from -60 to + 60 ms. It would solve a lot of issues when syncing to external gear and make this little box even more useful. Also the current sync delay is only applied when you restart the clock, it should happen in realtime, the same for the sync division.

Best
Sander

Weā€™ll add this to suggested features list.

Btw, the clock divider parameter changes are immediate.

4 Likes

Im totally behind this, ms offset positive or negative would be a game changer to remedy sync issues between hardware, would turn the midihub in to a Erm multiclock challenger! Hope this can be done : - )

4 Likes

I hope this clock offset will be implemented

2 Likes

Has there been any progress on this ? Cheers

Any progress or update on this guys ?

How about using the delay pipe. You can delay CCs transforming into notes and back. Pretty much can delay everything down to 1ms. I havenā€™t fully played with the this but you can also transform clock messages so if you wanted a delayed clock, transform clock to note, delay, transform note to clock and route.

2 Likes

Yes but how do I keep things from running out of phase? I mean, the start of each bar is shifting out of phase every time a division is applied.

1 Like

Please could this be added as a feature, were all Still waiting :pensive:

Yes, pease! Iā€™m dealing with severe timing issues here. My clock coming from outside into the Midihub is straight, but several devices on the receiving side add very short, yet noticable delays. I canā€™t effort a Multiclock and even if I could, itā€™d be just way too expensive for that single task.

BUT I do have a Midihub! All the time Iā€™m thinking, why on earth isnā€™t this lovely box capable of doing the things the Multiclock can do, sync wise? Iā€™d really love to see Mididihub rival the Multiclock.

If you take this thought seriously and want to offer THE ultimate midi-/ sync tool, then make a box just like the Midhub, but add an analog input. A solid audio click track from my DAW into a Midihub+ to shape and distribute it from there would be pure heaven!

1 Like

For those of us less in the knowā€¦
ā€¦what does Multiclock do, specifically?

ie. if Midihub had that capability what would it look like?

So (based on just glancing at the knobs!), would it be a ā€œMulticlockā€ pipe where multiple instances of that pipe could be fed by a common external clock (or the same or separate instances of MHā€™s Clock pipe)?

What would the ā€œMulticlockā€ pipeā€™s property pane look like?

etc.

2 Likes

I can imagine the ā€˜Clock Offsetā€™ modifier pipe having an offset control parameter in ms with ā€˜+ā€™ and ā€˜-ā€™. ā€˜+ā€™ would add clock delay to that pipe, and ā€˜-ā€™ would introduce a 1-bar (or selectable) delay offset minus the specified amount in ms. It can perform these adjustments in realtime.

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve purchased this device purely for syncing but as I understand now itā€™s not a matter of putting in the ms amount just yet. Any word if this feature will be implemented?

Iā€™m trying to get MainStage audio click that goes to the drummer in sync with its midi clock out which is going to my Nord with time based effects.