Lost pipes updating to Midihub Editor 1.12.0 / Firmware 1.12.0

First, thank you for the update!

Unfortunately for me it deleted my presets. Same happened on the previous update…
Launch editor > update editor > connect midihub > flash midihub with new firmware via the editor > pipes gone (but custom preset descriptions remain).

Mac OS (High Sierra)
No big issue, but thought it worth mentioning. – save your presets :slight_smile:

There was a message that said about the memory contents being automatically backed up before the firmware was flashed. Where would I look to see if the backup is still there?

Thanks!

Hey, sorry about that, you should find the backup here:

~/Library/Application Support/Blokas/Midihub Editor/

I don’t have access to a Mac at the moment, so I can’t verify it, let me know if it’s not there. :slight_smile:

btw, the exact error message you receive when doing the firmware update would help us sort the issue out for you :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick reply. There was no error message during the firmware (or editor) updates.

Yes I can confirm the .mhd backup file was at

~/Library/Application Support/Blokas/Midihub Editor/

Going to Device > Import Everything and using the backup file gives the error;

File /Users/xxxxxxxxx/Desktop/Midihub_backup.mhd seems to be corrupted!

I’ve found that I can reproduce this issue just by using Export Everything then Import Everything. Happy to help investigate or share logs if that helps :slight_smile:

Check your PM inbox :slight_smile:

A backup made pre-update with version 1.11.10, is also giving me as corrupted, a older one worked.
That said, all good with such a useful new tool. Thank you very much!

PM me the broken file, I’ll see if I can get it fixed for you. :slight_smile:

Just send it.
Thank you

1 Like

The import/export is fixed in Editor 1.12.1 which was just released.

If anyone still encounters any bad .mhd files, feel free to PM them to me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. Export / Import now working for me after updating the editor to 1.12.1.

1 Like