LFO CC midi channel

Hi, how do I set the midi channel that I want to send the CC lfo on?

I’m using the LFO CC as a generator.

Someone might know better but I’m guessing it’d be with the pipes CC lfo > CH Filter > to A / B / C / D

You then would filter out the channels you don’t want the cc lfo to be sent to.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s worth a try

CH Filter is for… well filter out. Better use CH Remap (as its generating on MIDI Ch1)
example bellow @Robbie_Longcat :
CC 12 LFO in MIDI CH2.mhp (65 Bytes)

2 Likes

Ok, that was actually a hidden question, which midi channel is it generating on? Thanks

It’s Channel 1. It’s correct to use Channel Remap pipe to change it as you need. The In Low and In High values may stay 1 and 16, the Out Low and Out High must both be set to the desired channel number.

1 Like

Ohh my previous post did not have that answer… wowwww

yeah, i was thanking you for telling me that

1 Like

it would make sense for the Midi LFO block to have a Midi Channel parameter? there’s already 16 parameter on this block, so one more won’t make a huge difference.

Also having the channel in the LFO saves 2 filter blocks, one before the LFO to make sure only notes on the correct channel will retrigger the cycle, and another one to send the LFO to the correct instrument.

Also are the LFOs stackable? one of the best feature of the Pyramid’s Midi LFO implementation is that it’s a modifier, not just a generator. So LFOs always modulate relative to the upstream CC value. if you have an encoder or a sequence mapped to the same CC, the LFO modulates that.

If you put multiple LFOs in series, you get more complex waveform. Not sure how the Midihub LFO could be used to create similar effects.

2 Likes

The Pipes in Midihub are meant to be combined and shouldn’t overlap each others functionality if possible. :slight_smile:

Sure, just put an LFO to the right of another LFO, and set the new one’s mode to ‘Active Mod.’ or ‘Passive Mod.’. You’d want to use ‘Active Mod’ in cases where the 2nd LFO is running at higher frequency than the base one. ‘Passive Mod.’ just applies the modulation amount whenever the incoming amount changes and does not produce events on its own.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

1 Like

I showed some of this in action in my video on Midihub LFOs

what’s the link for that video? synthdad?

1 Like

thanks, i’ll check it out x

Hey Giedrius, I didn’t want to start an extra thread for this and clog up the forum but I was wondering if it was potentially possible to have ability to set the lfo resolution by typing the value in the same way we can with the speed of the lfo? This would be useful when using a low resolution lfo to save on midi bandwidth but having the now steppy lfo stepping in time with our music / rhythm.

Also apologies for the the now tons of features suggestions, not expecting anything to happen quickly as I can imagine there’s a ton of other things to do, I’m just happy if things are considered and maybe make it on some sort of list :slight_smile:

Very impressed with all the ideas that’re coming up on this forum though, I can feel that the midihub is already and going to become even more of an incredible musical instrument in itself as time goes by!

2 Likes

So you’d like the resolution to be synced? Would you use this on an LFO that is itself synced?

I personally would prefer the ability to type in the resolution in hz in the same way we can type in the speed of the LFO in hz. I personally prefer non bpm sync’d LFO’s as you’re able to make much more interesting rhythms with them.

So for example:

My tempo is 120 bpm and I decide to use an lfo speed of 1/5 a bar which is 2.5hz and I want the CC to be stepping in 16th notes so I type in a resolution of 8hz

This would be a fairly simple example, but there’s some very complex patterns possible with the combination of the two settings.

1 Like