Kernel Update to 4.14.39

Am I doing something wrong here? I’m just received my pisound and I am trying to get the pisound software installed on the raspberry pi. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Run:

sudo rpi-update

Then reboot and run the install script again.

I have tried this a quite a few times. I run: sudo rpi-update It tells me my firmware is already up to date. I restart. Try to run the pisound install script and get the same error you see above. Should sudo rpi-update be updating to a kernel version above 4.14.34-v7+?

I may have had some luck. I was able to get rpi-update to update specifically to 4.14.39. Rebooting now.

sudo rpi-update should get you 4.14.50. What is the output of:

uname -a

?

I can’t try and reproduce this issue myself at the moment, however, to get around the kernel version check, you can just manually run the remainder of install-pisound.sh, by copying the below block into a terminal and pasting it:

echo Importing Blokas GPG public key...
wget -q -O - https://blokas.io/gpg.public.key | sudo apt-key add -
echo Adding Blokas apt repository...
sudo wget -q -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/blokas.list https://blokas.io/blokas.list
echo Updating package list...
sudo apt-get update
echo Installing Pisound software...
sudo apt-get -y install pisound
echo Updating /usr/local/pisound...
sudo sh -c 'cd /usr/local/pisound && git -c user.name="blokas_installer" -c user.email="blokas@installer" stash && git pull'
echo
echo Now you may run 'sudo pisound-config' to customize your installation!

and update the kernel at a later time, the issue with pre 4.14.39 versions is ‘snd_pcm_delay failed’ error printed in software like Pure Data on high load.

Success. I was able to get up to 4.14.39-v7+. and successfully installed the pisound software. Thank you for your assistance. I will try running sudo rpi-update again to see if it gets me up to 4.14.50 now that I am at 4.14.39.

As long as it’s >= 4.14.39, it should be good to go, not strictly necessary to use very latest with Pisound :slight_smile: