Is Raspberry PI 4 32 or 64 bit?

Friends
I am confused. I thought I was using a 64-bit system.

This Raspberry PI information tells me that my Raspberry Pi 4 uses a ARM_Cortex-A72 which is 64-bit.

But lshw reports:

description: ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)
    product: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4
    serial: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    width: 32 bits

What is going on here?

Patchbox OS is currently available only as a 32 bit image, it probably refers to currently running os / kernel.

Why?

Please search for ‘Patchbox OS 64 bit’ for some existing discussions on this subject.

1 Like

If you want to run the MOD Devices software on 64-bit PiOS, you can look at the TreeFallSound PiStomp version: New pi-Stomp v2.1 64-bit OS is ready for install! New features, new plugins! – DIY Multi-effects

Do the drivers for the Pi Sound card work there?

Pisound drivers are open source and included with Raspberry Pi kernels.

1 Like

SO I should be able to install Raspberry PI OS and it will drive my card?
Will the button work too?

Clearly this is a lazy question, I could just do it and see!

Yes, for the button, you’ll have to compile and install pisound-btn from source: pisound/pisound-btn at master · BlokasLabs/pisound · GitHub

1 Like

I managed to compile and run pisound-btn under arm64 the pisound hardware is recognized as well. The only thing i could not get to work is pisound-ctl which seems to be mandatory to get the android app running. Is there a way? Is I understand pisound-ctl is not open source and therefore cannot be compiled like pisound-btn.

1 Like

pisound-ctl is the Bluetooth server for Pisound app - we’ll release 64 bit build at some point.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to it! Thank you. I’m totally new to the this and the Pisound hardware sounds amazing. Great work!

1 Like