Is it possible to integrate CoreMIDI and TouchOSC Bridge for MODEP?

Hi folks, new to the world of pisound/patchbox os and so far have been I have been blown away by its capabilities! I am currently looking for a way to connect my external midi keyboard to the pisound via wifi, so that I can control MODEP (switch pedalboards, change parameters, switch pedals on and off, etc.) using my MIDI keyboard. Using the TouchOSC iOS app I have been able to get TouchOSC Bridge to work with MODEP, no problem, and my MIDI controller is recognized under CordMIDI in/out, however I can’t find any guidance on how to connect the two together on patchbox. Is there any way to do this? Or can I only use the touchscreen controls over WiFi? Many thanks in advance for any help that you all can offer!

Hey, to use Apple’s network MIDI, see here: https://blog.tarn-vedra.de/pimidi-box/

I think it would appear as another virtual MIDI port, listed by aconnect -lio or aconnectgui commands, once RTP MIDI is set up.

1 Like

Thank you so much, Giedrius! Much appreciated. This is exactly what I was looking for. I think for now I will stick with using a midi footswitch and the touchosc interface, but this is good to have for if/when my setup gets more complex.

1 Like

Hi there! So I am now trying this out, now to be able to route midi hardware signals (keyboard and footswitch) from the pisound to iOS (rather than the other way around). I believe I successfully installed raveloxmidi and created the config file. However, I am currently stuck at the testing step.

When I run the command -

sudo raveloxmidi -dN -c /etc/raveloxmidi.conf

I get -

ALSA lib rawmidi_hw.c:233:(snd_rawmidi_hw_open) open /dev/snd/midiC2D0 failed: Device or resource busy

Any support with this would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, could you post the contents of raveloxmidi.conf?

1 Like

Thanks so much for the response, Giedrius, I will post that when I get back to this (which might not be for a little while!)

1 Like