Getting ready for Pisound App update

Hey!

We’re getting closer to releasing a new version of the app for Android.

If you have customized the pisound-ctl scripts on your installation, let us know how and whether we can integrate it into the official release, in order to make the update go smooth and avoid losing your time if something goes broken. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

Ping… :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello @Giedrius what I have done is I copied the scripts to a custom folder called /usr/local/pisound-ctl/emillo
that instead of searching /usr/local/puredata-patches for pd patches, searches for bash scripts in one /home/pi/bin , where I have a number of custom scripts each in its own directory.

Would that folder be deleted with the update?

Best Regards

Hey, this folder will remain intact. However, any files that came with pisound-ctl.deb and you have modified would get overwritten. What I will do is add a ‘preinst’ hook to pisound-ctl.deb installer to make a backup of /usr/local/pisound-ctl to /usr/local/pisound-ctl-backups/… before the installer actually writes new stuff, this should allow not losing any significant changes.

Just downloaded the app to my Android tablet and ordered a Pisound yesterday.

Can’t wait for the Pisound to arrive to play around with it.

Mostly going to use it for launching pd patches, but it’s very nice to have the option to add parameters directly in the app :slight_smile:

So now the annoying waiting game… :wink: