Hey guys! We have an update for Midihub Editor & firmware - it introduces importing pipes straight from Patchstorage.com, automatic firmware upgrade that downloads the new firmware image and keeps the memory contents, and some fixes in the new firmware version too! Detailed changelogs are available below.
New Firmware Upgrade Procedure
First make sure to install the 1.11.8 editor. Then on connecting to the device, if there’s an update available you’ll be offered to start the upgrade procedure. Confirming it will then go on to download the new firmware image, save a backup of the current memory contents to disk, do the flash procedure and restore the backup back into memory.
Otherwise, you may also do
Help->Check for Updates Now... while connected to Midihub to start the automatic upgrade procedure.
Download firmware image linked above, and do
Device->Flash Firmware while Midihub is in regular mode. It will also backup and restore the memory data automatically.
Note: Starting firmware upgrade when Midihub is in bootloader mode will not save the memory contents, just in case, there’s a warning message when doing that to remind of this.
1.11.8 Editor Changelog:
- Patchstorage pane for browsing and importing presets.
- Automatic download and upgrade of new version of Midihub firmware.
- Firmware upgrade process now moves the memory contents to the new version.
- Fixed Editor launch issue on Raspberry Pi Zero.
- Added optional
--skip-udev-rules-installto avoid first-run root permission request to set up the access permissions to be able to communicate with Midihub as a regular OS user process. Useful in case of previewing the Editor without hardware.
- Small UI layout fixes to improve compatibility with high dpi and regular displays.
- When a firmware upgrade is available, the message will show the current version number too.
- Fixed some memory data backups not importing properly.
1.11.10 Firmware Changelog:
- Fixed an issue with Dispatcher and MicroScale pipes getting stuck notes in some circumstances.
- Fixed incorrect LFO waves when depth is set to 0.
- Fixed incorrect Square LFO wave when phase is non-0.