Hey guys, another update for Midihub and the Editor to fix some more issues and add some improvements.
1.02 Editor downloads
To update the Midihub firmware, switch it on while holding down The Button. In the firmware upgrade mode, all the LEDs should be lit up. Then connect to it with the editor, go to Device->Flash Firmware, pick the downloaded bfw file and hit OK.
* All stored presets will be removed during the firmware upgrade process * - you’ll have to back it up manually by loading each preset and saving them to disk with different names, a ‘data dump’ function to automate this, and to automatically do that during firmware update is planned to be done before the public release.
- Activity LEDs will indicate tempo by blinking on quarter notes. @Jpmcmullan23
- Note and Channel remap remapping same low high value to another one fixed. @MaximeGraf
- USB MIDI activity for all 4 in out/ports will be displayed on status LED, using negative logic. @thetechnobear
- Linux port IDs made to follow intuitive port numbering, please keep an eye on any ‘Device timed out’ messages while using the editor and let us know how well it works. @thetechnobear
- Preset selection changes: @Pranciskus
- The current preset LED will always be on, activity on that port will be displayed in negative logic.
- When preset is changed either via The Button or via the Editor or Program Change message, the ‘preset activation’ animation will play, where the selected preset LED will blink fast a couple of times.
- When switching the preset via The Button, the current preset will be indicated by an always on LED, the selection that is about to be made will be blinking slowly. If the same preset is selected as before, nothing will change, and if a new preset is selected, ‘preset activation’ animation will play as described above.
- View->Show Tab Bar option on Mac should be gone. (the Mac I have access to does not append this menu item, but a system API call was added asking not to do that) @thetechnobear
- Pipes panel redesigned to ‘auto-wrap’ as it is being expanded and resized. @ParanormalPatroler and many others
- Pipeline description gets cleared at the moments it would get lost and no longer stored, a popup to save it comes up before it is lost. @thetechnobear
- ‘Custom Message’ field in Device Settings is now enabled only if its radio box is selected. @ParanormalPatroler
- Tooltips fixed to remain on while mouse is hovering over pipes. @ParanormalPatroler
- Keyboard shortcuts to show/hide context help and description added. (see View menu) @thetechnobear
Where are the new pipes?
In the next update we’re planning to introduce MIDI mappable pipe parameters, that changes the underlying structure of how pipes are implemented, so we’re consciously avoiding adding new types of pipes at this stage, this way it is more efficient time-wise to get the next update out to you.