Does Pisound using all GPIOs?

Hi,
I like to use the Pisound on my Project. But I also like to use a eInk Display. So I was wondering, if the Pisound needs all the GPIO Pins or is it possible to use a Breadboard and connect the Pisound manually and use the free GPIOs for other stuff?
Best regards

Hi, see https://blokas.io/pisound/docs/specs/#raspberry-pi-pins-used-by-pisound. The ‘Pinout of Pisound Header’ lists all the unused GPIOs, routed to a separate smaller header.

Sorry noob here. How do you connect into that separate header? Can’t see any pinout exposed by the pisound board

It’s just 2x7 holes in the PCB. If you like, you can solder your own male or female header for use with jumper cables, or just solder wires directly to the desired holes.

Can’t see them :S just the RPi header HAT pins, is there a reference diagram out there?

This picture is of an earlier version, check the picture here: Soldering the 5V bias jumpers

Thanks for the quick reply.

This picture is of an earlier version

oh ok

check the picture here: Soldering the 5V bias jumpers

I actually would like to use the I2C pins to drive an oled, which I read they are available (not used by pisound, Detailed Specs - Pisound Documentation) but can’t find them exposed in the board, even in that picture

oh, got it!

1 Like