Dispatcher/round robin acting only on note on/off

Hi-
Can Dispatcher/round robin effect incoming CC messages as well as note on/off?

As my instruments are controlled by my various continuous controller live inputs, these would have to be moved to the new midi channel along with the note on/off. Is this possible?
Thanks!
Peter

Dispatcher in all its modes works on notes only.

One can always Transform CC → Note_on (and a Note_off After it) then Transform back → CC on the other side of the Dispatcher.

2 Likes

Or if you need the CCs to be sent to all channels all the time, duplicate them for the channels in use by using Transform pipes.

This can result in a lot of MIDI events produced at a time, that’s why the Dispatcher doesn’t do it itself.

1 Like

I am trying to implement this checking with the MIDI Monitor.

Dispatcher is triggered by pressing cc 75, and I want to round robin between the first for midi channels.

Transform is a complicated pipe to understand. Following your directions, I am trying to convert cc’s one, two, &17, to note ons. Midi monitor does not confirm that I am succeeding in this.
& Where would I put the conversion to note off?

And how would the instance of transform after the dispatcher know what note off to turn back into cc s?

As you can see, I lack a conceptual as well as practical understanding here.
Thanks!
Peter
ps-Finally what about pitch bend messages? Is it possible to have these routed to whatever midi channel the note is being sent to? (Maybe we don’t even address this yet :-))

Looking at your second screenshot, I suspect this is true:

Depending on the value of CC 1,2 or 17 (on MIDI A Ch1) you will find your What changing between the 15/16 different message types you’ll see in that list.
(Try it and See!)

This is almost certainly not what you want!

So we need to be clear about what you do want:

Let’s say you send in CC1value=6, CC1value=4, etc.
(Abbreviating, say this exact sequence of messages:
CC1=6, CC1=5, CC2=8, CC17=0, CC1=4, CC17=1,CC2=12,)
then CC → Notes → Dispatcher –> CC would give this:

1 2 3 4
CC1=6 CC1=5 CC2=8 CC17=0
CC1=4 CC17=1 CC2=12

(here I’m assuming the 4 Channels in your Dispatcher)
is this what you want? maybe not…

…OR

do you want this:

1 2 3 4
CC1=6
CC1=5
CC2=8 CC17=0
CC1=4 CC17=1
CC2=12

This (fixing a channel for each CCid) would be done using just Transforms.

Give us an example...

the table above is made by typing in

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4|
| --- | --- | --- | --- |
|CC1=6| ..| ..|.. |
|CC1=5| .. |.. | ..|
|..| CC2=8| CC17=0|.. |
|CC1=4|..  |  CC17=1|.. |
|..|CC2=12| ..|

… and we’ll hopefully be able to guide you.

Hi
I would want all CC Messages to go to each midi channel as it receives a note on a note off.
Please remember, these are playing notes on a sound generator assigned to the given channel. So they must have the CC information to play the note accurately.
thanks
Peter

Hi Peter, in the past 2 days, I’ve thought about the various things this could mean (there are several!).
The solution for each would be subtly different and giving the wrong one would only confuse

I have the sense of notes going to different channels and thus different voices of the generator.

But
I don’t know whether you

1. wish the note-on to generate the CCs for that channel or
  2. whether the CCs are in the external message flow and are needing to be"re-channeled" as it were

I don’t know whether the CC(s) “aimed at” Channel X are the same ids & values then the Channel Y ones or the same ids but just different values.

If the second case, I don’t know whether more than one note is on at any time and if so how Midihub
is meant to direct CCs while 2+notes are on

So
Please send an example:
Maybe a photo of a hand drawn “pseudo monitor” list would help us stop guessing.

This sketch…

time message In ‘modified’ out created out
0.000 Ch1 Note_On #73 v62 Ch1 CC22 v45
0.000 Ch1 Note_On #73 v62
0.500 Ch1 Note_On #75 v89 Ch2 CC22 v65
0.500 Ch2 Note_On #75 v89
0.980 Ch1 Note_Off #73 Ch1 Note_Off #73
1.150 Ch1 Note_Off #75 Ch2 Note_Off #75

…makes it possible, for example, to divine which of the above scenarios I’m talking about…
(…and it has an easy solution!)

Your sketch, if it’s unambiguous, may have a harder solution or be apparent to an experienced user why it can’t be solved (they could then explain why)

At the moment I can’t tell…
…I hope to be able to help you shortly

PS

No, I didn’t.