Device is not recognized by my mac os, driver Maybe?

Hi Everyone,

I think i did well regarding the building of the midiboy since everything seems to work fine when booting.
Unfortunately i’m unable to upload a sketche into it.

Here is the log message
avrdude: error: could not find USB device with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc vendor=‘www.fischl.de’ product=‘USBasp’

avrdude done. Thank you.

the selected serial port
does not exist or your board is not connected

I think my mac doesn’t not recognize the usb device :confused:

I you think about something that would be great !

EL CAPITAN OS is 10.11.6 version.

Thanks.
Benoit

Hello, did you power it on directly from USB, without battery? (It’s fine to keep the battery in, just asking for additional context to your situation :slight_smile: ) I think we’ve tested it on Mac running the exact same OS version, no tweaks or additional drivers were necessary.

There still can be some issue with the board assembly that prevents USB communication. Please double check the following critical parts like their solder joints, whether the right part is in the right place, diodes are in correct orientation, etc…:

R6, R7, R8, D3, D4 as well as the ATmega328P solder joints and if no pins got bent when inserting it into the IC socket.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. I didn’t have time to check the device but I’ll will do that since you are telling me it should work with my OS and let you know.
Benoit.