Can't reach apt.blokas.io

Been revising my setup, and ensuring everything is up to date, and then I noticed I can’t reach apt.blokas.io?
Anyone else? Is it just down? New address? :slight_smile:

“Could not connect to apt.blokas.io:80 (79.98.29.34), connection timed out”

My /etc/apt/sources.list.d/blokas.list contains this line:
“deb apt.blokas.io rpi main”

Does https://apt.blokas.io/ open for you? It seems to be online.

Oh this is curious. I can’t reach it on my network, but when I tried it on my phone on cellular data it did work…
I wonder if there’s some setting somewhere on my router that causes this… because none of my devices on my network can reach it. No idea where to go about examining this though :slight_smile:

Use tracert or traceroute commands on apt.blokas.io to inspect the route, and if it does not look like it’s an issue within your home network, try contacting your ISP.

Hmm well it gets past my network and ISP…and then it gets stuck here…

You may try informing your ISP that you can’t reach this particular IP, they might sort things out between themselves and serveriai.lt

Btw, these are the last lines of my output:

5     1 ms     1 ms     2 ms  ae042-wan3.rackray.com [185.38.165.41]
  6     1 ms     2 ms     1 ms  k3-a17-lt1.kvm.serveriai.lt [31.14.179.195]
  7     2 ms     1 ms     1 ms  tarantulas.serveriai.lt [79.98.29.34]

So it seems hop 6 is the same as yours, and somehow it finally reaches the correct server on the next hop…

Ahh curious. Thanks for the help!
I hope they can resolve this.

My ISP didn’t say there was anything blocking on their end, so they had no idea why it stops.

You should encourage them to get in contact with serveriai.lt :slight_smile: A long time ago I had a similar issue of not being able to access some particular addresses, and kept on pressuring my ISP to look into it, and eventually they managed to get that sorted out.

If you could PM me some details of your ISP and your IP address I could try and get serveriai.lt to initiate an investigation from their end.

1 Like