Can I install MODEP without Patchbox?

Hi there,

Patchbox doesn’t seem to work for me.
I used to have MODEP on Raspbian (I think) and want to get that back - is that still possible?

Thanks

Set up our APT server: https://apt.blokas.io/

Run sudo apt install modep

What is the issue you’re seeing with Patchbox?

1 Like

Thanks,
By set up our APT server, you mean:
curl https://blokas.io/apt-setup.sh | sh

and then I run

sudo apt install modep

Via Patchbox I had sound quality issues and CPU at 100% quite a bit. Just seemed glitchy.
Tried to reinstall Patchbox and no luck. I’m sure I could find a way to make it work if I read all the info in this forum, but don’t have the time.
I’m using a Raspberry Pi 3B.

Since it used to work, I figured I’d rather just install it on Raspbian or similar.

Yes, run those commands.

You could just create topics for particular issues you’re facing and get suggestions how to get to the bottom of them and sort them out. Just saying CPU is at 100% is not very actionable, you could run top command to see which processes consume the most CPU and then you could move on to troubleshooting them and finally resolving the issue. The community is here to help :slight_smile:

Thanks Giedrius,
So all it takes it time… I did it again, and… I guess with a little more care. So now patchbox works and MODEP works fine as well on my pisound. Phew.

Q: I’ve now lost all my Plugins, I used to have a whole bunch and now there’s only 75 or so, and access to Patchstorage.
I’m looking for a Shimmer reverb (I think Shiroverb is one) and I can’t find info on how to find/install
Any tips?

Until Patchstorage gets populated with more plugins, you can use this as a workaround to get the old plugins, from our APT server:

sudo apt install -y modep-lv2-*
cp -r /usr/modep/lv2/* /var/modep/lv2/
sudo chown -R modep:modep /var/modep/lv2
sudo chmod -R 775 /var/modep/lv2

# Restart MODEP so LV2 changes take effect.
sudo systemctl stop modep-mod-host modep-mod-ui
sudo systemctl start modep-mod-host modep-mod-ui

Thanks for helping out.
Seems like it worled :wink:

1 Like

Just use your original image of the SD card that you have backed up.