[Beta] Patchbox OS image 2022-05-17

I’m trying to use the image with rPI 4 B but I get a led error code of 4 long flashes and 4 short flashes which sholud be “Unsupported board type”. Any advice?

Looks like your Raspberry Pi is newer than the image itself, we’ll have to regenerate the image once we get the chance, until then, you can use latest Raspberry Pi OS builds.

I’ve built a new image for 64bit, going to test it.

What kind of image? Based on https://github.com/blokaslabs/patchbox-os-gen ?

Yes but it seems is not working.

In the end it worked with 2022-05-17 image and piSound mounted. Previous attempt of booting rPI4 was without piSound mounted. I also rewrited to img on my SD, I’m not sure if it was corrupted.

1 Like

I’ve reinstalled the image to my SD twice and none of my computers can see the device (ie I can’t see a Patchbox SSID). “The network name could not be found”. Should I be able to set this up in a headless fashion? Also tried physical Ethernet connection to Mac with Internet sharing enabled - no sign of the device. Waited many minutes, powered off and on. Green light is ON on the Pi.

Tried manually entering SSID, no joy.

Image downloaded from this page and sha256sum checked.

Have run an older version of Patchbox on this machine successfully in the past (setup headlessly) - coming back to it after a year of doing other stuff.

Can’t believe nobody else has noticed this in the 6 months since release, but I’m running out of things to try so I thought I’d throw a hail mary.

Well that’s embarrassing. I hooked up monitor and noticed that the screen eventually just went blank (after much text too quick to read). So I videoed the screen before it went blank and the last message was something about under-voltage. I’ve hooked the Pi up to a more powerful USB-C supply and bingo, SSID works, everything sweet.

Thanks.

1 Like

oof… experiencing the same. But it’s a Rpi 5 with official power supply. Hooking up a monitor now… :frowning:

edit: here’s a screenshot

…ah okay got it… doing a kernel sudo rpi-update on my older pi now and then it should be fine hopefully!

Success: booted!

Yes, as the image was built before Pi 5 existed, it won’t boot without first installing latest kernel at least by using Pi 4 or earlier.

Hi, I’m trying to boot Patchbox OS from Raspberry Pi 5 and I get the same error as you. Unfortunately I don’t own an older Pi. Would it suffice to build another image from the 2024-01 branch on some other linux? What are my options to get this working?

We will release an update to Patchbox OS once it is ready.

That is good to know, and I’m excited to try it out! But is there any way I could get this working on a Pi5 until the update drops? I’m also willing to help with testing and such.

There’s quite a bit of work to be done, it’s not ready yet.

1 Like

Looking forward to hear from this. Thank you @Giedrius