[Beta] Patchbox OS image 2022-05-17

I am having issues installing updates and MODEP. I get the following errors:

1: update errors

E: Repsitory 'http://apt.blokas.io rpi InRelease' changed its 'Origin' value from 'main rpi' to '. rpi'
E: Repsitory 'http://apt.blokas.io rpi InRelease' changed its 'Label' value from 'main rpi' to '. rpi'
N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details
  1. Installing MODEP
    Apologies, but I have to transcribe this text manually due to my setup. I won’t do the full stack trace unless it’s really really necessary… but I will try my best
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/patchbox/module.py", line 621, in _install_module
  raise ModuleError(

patchbox.module.ModuleError: Failed to install modep.module via /usr/local/patchbox-modules/modep/install.sh script

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/bin/patchbox", line 33 in <module>
   sys.exit(load_entry_point('patchbox-cli==1.0', 'console_scripts', 'patchbox')())

(etc)

Does this help debug?

Update: I was able to get past part 1 with sudo apt update which this time asked if I would accept the suggested changes. After that the MODEP module seemed to work.

Was that the solution?

1 Like

The fix for this is to run the following from the command line:

sudo apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-change

Now you can go back and run patchbox to install MODEP:

patchbox
1 Like

Did this happen on the 2022-05-17 image, or are you updating and older install of Patchbox OS?

It happens on the 2022-05-17 image.

1 Like

Fixed it on our server.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t add pedals to MODEP after starting a New Pedalboard

I’m not convinced that it’s fixed. I’ve tried 6 times from a fresh 2022-05-17 image (even a 2020-11-23) with or without an update first (tried --allow-releaseinfo-change and --fix-missing). modep module activation (via patchbox ui or commandline) always results in this error:

Get:51 http://apt.blokas.io rpi/main armhf modep-lv2-zam-plugins armhf 3.12.0-2 [6,399 kB]
Get:52 http://apt.blokas.io rpi/main armhf modep-touchosc2midi armhf 1.0.0-2 [9,360 B]
Fetched 172 MB in 50s (3,422 kB/s) E: Failed to fetch http://apt.blokas.io/pool/main/m/modep-ctl-scripts/modep-ctl-scripts_1.8.0.deb File has unexpected size (2408 != 2432). Mirror sync in progress? [IP: 79.98.29.34 80]
Hashes of expected file:
- SHA512:a02c18f8637356c4153f231ca15d980cf04d4fb6fbd72e77e07703af7ac5238a4bcbdd7766b5b7f01df0ba5588eab1153fc959731b9acec868d73ee69f1f10fd
- SHA256:f8e91f6684c6849f8a2a352632972a2781d9ab558527a54fa892051ce87f78af
- SHA1:3f43ca0d6c854ac4a119a93a1dad104a3f908890 [weak]
- MD5Sum:924c89707d841556aecb545c5b4d2ac8 [weak]
- Filesize:2432 [weak]
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/patchbox/module.py”, line 621, in _install_module
raise ModuleError(
patchbox.module.ModuleError: Failed to install modep.module via /usr/local/patchbox-modules/modep/install.sh script

1 Like

Hey guys,
thanks for the update!

File has unexpected size (2408 != 2432). Mirror sync in progress?

Happens to me as well when I try to install modep. I tried sudo apt-get clean and sudo apt-get update --allow-releaseinfo-change, no luck unfortunately. Is the apt mirror out of sync?

I’m on a fresh install of the Beta 2022-05-17.
Tried now to install the orac module. Worked without any issues.

1 Like

Seems like it’s really a mirror node which is out of sync.

@Giedrius, I saw that it’s possible to install modules from a file. Unfortunately I couldn’t find any information about how to build modep myself and install from a file. Do you know if there is some documentation about it?

MODEP is built using https://github.com/BlokasLabs/modep-debs.

I’ve just fixed the issue with our APT server, the installs should now work again. (if installing manually, make sure to run sudo apt update)

2 Likes

thx mate :slight_smile:
working perfectly now.

1 Like

Works now for me too. Thanks for the fix @Giedrius!

1 Like

Although all seems good with the newest Patchbox, it appears that the modep module is not backward compatible with the previous 2020-11-23 version of Patchbox. Maybe that’s expected?

Manager: modep.module install script found: /usr/local/patchbox-modules/modep/install.sh
Hit:1 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease
Hit:2 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster InRelease
Hit:3 http://apt.blokas.io rpi InRelease
Reading package lists... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 modep : Depends: modep-mod-host (>= 1.8.0-2) but it is not going to be installed
         Depends: modep-mod-ui (>= 1.8.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-fluidsynth (>= 2.1.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-amsynth (>= 1.9.0-2) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-artyfx (>= 1.3.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-calf (>= 0.90.3-2) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-caps (>= 0.9.26-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-dpf-plugins (>= 1.3.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-fat1 (>= 0.6.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-fil4 (>= 0.7.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-fluidplug (>= 1.0.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-fomp (>= 1.1.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-freaked (>= 0.0.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-guitarix (>= 0.39.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-gx-slowgear (>= 0.5.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-gx-switchless-wah (>= 0.1.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-infamousplugins (>= 0.3.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-invada-studio (>= 0.0.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-mda (>= 1.1.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-midifilter (>= 0.6.2-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-mod-distortion (>= 0.0.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-mod-pitchshifter (>= 0.0.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-mod-utilities (>= 0.0.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-mtc (>= 0.2.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-rkrlv2 (>= 0.3.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-setbfree (>= 0.8.11-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-shiroplugins (>= 0.0.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-sooperlooper (>= 0.93.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-tap (>= 1.2.7-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-triceratops (>= 0.3.2-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-tuna (>= 0.5.2-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-lv2-zam-plugins (>= 3.12.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
         Recommends: modep-demo-content (>= 1.0.0-1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/patchbox/module.py", line 622, in _install_module
    'Failed to install {}.module via {} script'.format(module.name, os.path.join(module.path, module.has_install)))

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/bin/patchbox", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('patchbox-cli==1.0', 'console_scripts', 'patchbox')()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 764, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 717, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 1137, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 1137, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 956, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 555, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/decorators.py", line 17, in new_func
    return f(get_current_context(), *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/patchbox/modules/module/cli.py", line 136, in activate
    ctx.obj.activate(module, autolaunch=False, autoinstall=autoinstall)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/patchbox/module.py", line 636, in activate
    self._install_module(module)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/patchbox/module.py", line 625, in _install_module
    'Failed to install {}.module via {} script'.format(module.name, os.path.join(module.path, module.has_install)))

If someone wants to stick to Buster, try editing /etc/apt/sources.list.d/blokas.list to have the following contents:

deb http://apt.blokas.io/buster/ rpi main

Then run sudo apt update and try installing again.

I’m trying to use the image with rPI 4 B but I get a led error code of 4 long flashes and 4 short flashes which sholud be “Unsupported board type”. Any advice?

Looks like your Raspberry Pi is newer than the image itself, we’ll have to regenerate the image once we get the chance, until then, you can use latest Raspberry Pi OS builds.

I’ve built a new image for 64bit, going to test it.

What kind of image? Based on https://github.com/blokaslabs/patchbox-os-gen ?

Yes but it seems is not working.

In the end it worked with 2022-05-17 image and piSound mounted. Previous attempt of booting rPI4 was without piSound mounted. I also rewrited to img on my SD, I’m not sure if it was corrupted.

1 Like