Addendum to patch problematic...any ideas?

Hi Folks-
Are use this patch to play live; notes enter on Midi A. For Output, I use foot buttons for cc 66; to switch between synths at uA or B. [also in patch: cc 69 to invert notes, and cc 64 for sustain.]

I am trying to add breath control for synths uA and B. [simply adding BC at C->uA & C->B] But for some reason, it makes this messes with the original patch. I am wondering how to make this addendum without effecting to original patch. What is interfering? Heres picture and link to original patch.
Thanks for any and all help!!
Invrt1:11:24LoopUpdte(Preset 1).mhp (1.4 KB)

“BC”?
I’m not seeing Input C in your preset.

Hello R ! This Is what it looks like using vB to allow the breath control to go from C to B and uA.

And, actually this works!

What I cannot figure out is why the same addition to patch #4 does not work.
Patch 4
Ch1:B Sos cc69 (Preset 4).mhp (445 Bytes)
This patch sustains uA while switching to B upon pressing cc69.

For some reason adding
to include BC as before scrambles the patch. I wonder why?
Thanks!
Peter

@pje please post the entire patch, one can only tell so much from screenshots.

It would also help if you would explain what “this messes with the original patch” and “scrambles the patch” actually mean in detail.

btw

(replying directly to my post or including @resonotter in your reply will alert me directly)

I take it BC = Breath Control?

Note to others:
The patches posted here are written for Firmware 1.14.
They may crash Editor 1.13.4

Profile - resonotter - Blokas Community

Hi R_. OK , following up on your request from my last entry;
Here is Ch1:B Sos cc69 (Preset 4) with the addendum to allow Breath Control [BC]

Preset 4 with Addendum.mhp (520 Bytes)

Peter

the extra lines are entirely independent of the others (in that they don’t share any inputs or virtuals )

so you need to explain what “this messes with the original patch”/ “scrambles the patch” actually mean in detail.

when looking for the cause of an issue...

…of a problem like this I will often adapt my patch to merge all the flow going to a given out port

So something like this…

Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 18.20.48

…lets you Monitor every thing that is going out of say MIDI B.

Then, even if the monitoring doesn’t answer your questions, you can at least post up Monitor shots showing “IN-A enabled/IN-C disabled”, “IN-A enabled/IN-C enabled” etc so that it gives others a better idea to help you.
(I suspect that you might need several shots of Breath Control CC to capture one second…)†

that might be your problem

PS. @resonotter is not my profile it’s just typing @resonotter !

OK. Sorry.
Cc 69 is supposed to toggle notes between out uA & B, but BC always goes to both. It needs to toggle the same as the notes.

So the problem is that breath control continues to go to uA when it should only be going to B when pedal cc 69 is depressed. This results in both synthesizers sounding upon pedal down. When it should be either or.

My thinking was to copy the filter used in line 2 and place it between vB and uB in line 5, and copy the virtual bypass and channel pipe in line 3.
I was trying to duplicate what was done in the original patch, but with no success.

Thanks!
Peter

OK,
first make sure you understand what your mapped bypasses etc are supposed to do†

then

check out this mini-tutorial about how to copy pipes with mappings

it’s a while since I looked closely at your toggle mappings, it may be that one of your new mapped bypasses needs to be the opposite of one of your current ones…