Tap Tempo into Midihub

No. That is not right. It sends quarternote pulses. With no meassures. If you absolutely want to use 4/4 as an hypothetical example, it sends all 4 quarternotes in a bar.

It’s just that I don’t need the meassures. I’m not implementing song position or anything like that. What I want is other gear to relate to a pulse. Hence midi beatclock

Ain’t that what downbeat means?

Like I said, Tap in c60BPM and watch how frequently the Sysexes run through the MIDI Monitor.

That is the easy part. And I could do it with maths at first. The hard part is setting up something to convert it with precision.

In 120 bpm the sysex is sent every 500 ms = a quarter note

So what does the MIDI Monitor show?
(mebbe continue this via Message?)

The hard part is setting up something to convert it with precision.

Easy enough to sketch something out in Python on Mac/PC before you invest in more gear

1 Like

I am at a train right now. On my way home. But if you think it’s easy I praise you! I am a complete nooooooob with coding and such! Hehehe

I could surly need helpe with this

Nope, @Giedrius
Monitor shows it’s every beat

btw what’s the logic behind the display when it’s Sysex, Giedrius?
It seems to travel across f0 00 01 74 10 10 f7 using the Outgoing too, repeating every word except 74 (the ‘unit number’?)

The SysEx are handled in chunks of up to 3 bytes in length, so that’s why it’s printed this way.

The Outgoing display seems to have a bug, it should show the same events as Incoming. Could you double check if the correct SysEx output is physically sent and the issue is only the display by monitoring a looped back port, or some other means?

1 Like

The sending itself is fine, Giedrius,
I had MH acting as a go-between with a hardware seq → MH† → DAW
so’s I could more easily record a .mid for @Honken (without resorting to floppy disks!).
Input & Output same

The screenshot is Sysex from his Axe, his monitor matches mine.

†pipeline was literally MIDI-IN → Filter(all but Sysex) → USB-OUT

2 Likes