MODEP no sound output

Installed the already prepared MODEP installed fine but no sound, I was able to connect to the interface on my mac but don’t see any input output setting???

Some questions to isolate the problem.

• Does your pisound work without MOPEP? Maybe raspbian light with pd?
  • Do you see two red LEDs (at the midi jacks) if you press the button?
  • Do you see a red LED (lower left side of gain pot) if you add a strong signal to the input while turning the gain pot to the right?
  • Can you connect to the pisound access point?
  • Can you connect to http://pisound.local/?
1 Like

THANKS FOR THE HELP LOOPMASTA !!!

Does your pisound work without MOEP? Maybe raspbian light with pd?
I think it’s MODEP right?, I have not tried that yet, I have tried reinstalling MODEP a few times, I think I will go get another sd and try this next.

Do you see two red LEDs (at the midi jacks) if you press the button?
YES

Do you see a red LED (lower left side of gain pot) if you add a strong signal to the input while turning the gain pot to the right?
YES

Can you connect to the pisound access point?
Not sure what this is if you mean ssh I can’t get that to work at all, if I use a monitor and keys I can access the raspi-config and the modep menu’s but not sure what to mess with there so have not really done anything

Can you connect to http://pisound.local/?
_YES, I was previous using the xxx.xx.x.x method same results. _

MOPEP -> MODEP. Yeah a stupid typo. :slight_smile:

It seems as if everything is working just fine. Are you connected to the pi via wifi or ethernet cable? If you are using wifi - connect to the wifi access point named pisound. You should get something like this if you surf http://pisound.local with your browser.

Yes I can get to that screen just fine, I can add modules and such still no sound, just got a new sd and in process of loading clean raspbian

No good, running audacity I can see its receiving audio so input works, still no output, how do I test the the out put?

Hi, did you try using a different cable for output or different output device (speakers or headphones)?

Do you have a stereo 6.35mm <-> 6.35mm cable? You could just connect the Input with Output, generate a sine wave track in audacity, and try recording it while it is being outputted. Set the GAIN knob to minimum, and VOLUME knob to roughly match the amplitude of the generated sine wave. If you see data being recorded, then Pisound is working correctly.

Please send me a personal message with the serial number of the board (you can obtain it by scanning the QR code at the bottom of the board, or running amidi -l on RPi while Pisound is connected).

Sorry I missed this post, its the out put that is not working I can see the audio coming in via audacity, I can change the out put to the rpi’s in/out 3.5 and I get the audio although pretty distorted, I’ve tried a bunch of cables, headphones, amps, etc no good, I’ll get the serial number when I get home, not sure what good that will do but what ever helps, its pretty frustrating to spend this much on a paper weight, fyi the rpi is brand new out of the box and works prefect on its own.

Hi, we are sorry about your unpleasant experience you have had so far. At least the undocumented paper weight function is working as one might expect. :slight_smile: You can be sure that we won’t leave you with Pisound not performing all its functions though.

Could you paste the output of dmesg after your system is done booting?