Pisound and Darkice / Icecast

Pisound should not limit this in anyway, it simply provides audio streams and MIDI to the Linux OS, so it’s up to you to configure this correctly. :slight_smile:

If you have GUI on your system, I recommend using patchage for setting up the routing.

Yes, i’m aware of that, but i thought that i could stream from darkice client to my iceacst server directly. In fact i need to setup an Icecast server on rpi/pisound, then i will setup a relay.

You probably can do direct streaming, I have only ever streamed to local ice cast server myself, so I don’t think I can help you with the setup of that. :slight_smile:

Ok, that’s why. I understand. I need to stream so an other Icecast server, so i’m going to relay.
Thanks a lot for your help.

No relay needed. I can stream perfectly from pisound to my Icecast server with Darkice.
It was a bad Icecast password configuration and a bad Darkice configuration : you must not write Icecast version [icecast2-4] : there’s no error but it won’t stream… so with a 2.4.0 version it must be [icecast2-0].
Now it’s streamin perfectly with a great sound quality. Thanks a lot !

1 Like

I think this tag is meant to describe the very first stream. If I remember this right, there can be up to 8 streams defined in this file, by adding subsequent sections like [icecast2-1], [icecast2-2], etc… So it only has the ‘major’ version of icecast in the name, or it’s just the 2nd version of the format used in this configuration section.

Ok ! Darkice documentation is not very clear about that. Thanks.