Octatrack program change through Midihub

Hmm, a bit of a workaround, but what if you’d put in a Sync Delay pipe after the Start message in the 2ms delay preset, and make it shift tempo slightly forward.

If you set it to -24, it would shift forward in time by one quarter note by producing the Clock events immediately. -6 would be one sixteenth. Positive values delay the clock, but in this setup as in the screenshot, no clock is actually reaching this part, because the Filter on the top left filters out everything but Program Change messages…

Unfortunately the value you have to use is dependent on the current BPM and you may have to tweak it if you start using different BPM. If this suggestion works. you’d be able to use synced delay, and use a constant value here though. (for that to work, delay itself would have to be receiving clock messages. Be careful not to send duplicated clock further down the line, otherwise the speed of playback on M:C would multiply). At this point we’re just experimenting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Giedrius , sorry for bumping this old post, haven’t updated my midihub nor entered the community in a while, and was just wondering if there have been any change regarding this topic?

To be honest, didn’t try your last suggestion, as having to be dependent on bpm was a no-go for me. I’m still using my original method, but even working, it’s a bit tedious.

Thanks!

There were no changes. :slight_smile: