Next polarity Issue..continued from "Creating a live setup

Thanks to generous folks I was able to create a polarity reversal using loopback. Now I have the same issue Note Remap out uA.

Goal: Play single notes until Note Inversion is enabled, then play the single note AND the Inversion

Pipe 2 has the remap bypassed until CC69 enables it.[pictured]
Pipe 3 has the single note NOT remapped: to sound when the inverted note is enabled.
But as you can see pipe three is bypassed until I press 69, in which case it is enabled. Same as pipe 2.
In order to reach my goal pipe 3 needs to be the reverse polarity:
It should be unbypassed until cc 69 is active, then, pipe three should be bypassed.
So you can see it is the same problem that was addressed with the Loopback to toggle between outputs uA and B.

Is this solvable?
I attach the file below. Thank you to any and all for your help!

*PJE_Toggle_Invert_Loopback+Invert.mhp (1.5 KB)

Hello, Peter,

Not looked at this in any detail, but I notice the CC69 you show is not the direct MIDI-A CC69 but the MIDI-D.LOOPBACK CC69.
If you didn’t set this up deliberately using the LFO, it might have been set inadvertently when you clicked Map.
(both CC69’s were available and it picked one)

Unmap it, disable D.LOOPBACK-OUT (so that the ‘processed’ CC69 is temporarily blocked), then try Map again, checking that MIDI-A CC69 is the one registered.
The re-enable D.LOOPBACK-OUT.

Yes, loopbacks are fiddly.

I’ll take a look again tomorrow when I have more time…

cool. I noticed that cc 69 did some odd things. Like; when 2 notes are sounding and you press 66 you get both a and B outputs. But When 69 is the opposite way, and only one note is sounding, A or B are one or the other.

And although the patch you sent to me had the loop back at the end of the first pipe, when I saved and re-opened it, it functions the same but looks like this
Now it just says D. There are no loopback options on the destinations menu for the highlighted green…(btw; What do you call one of these boxes?)

Thanks
Peter
PS. I finished the fifth how to. There is nothing I see about reversing the polarity of mappings. That should be high on the priority list of code to write for M H.

1 Like

I finished the fifth how to. There is nothing I see about reversing the polarity of mappings.

No.

Not surprising, IMO:

• That tutorial is already quite a jump in complexity and length from the previous ones

• such functionalities (currently – as of FW 1.13.2) all require a “physical loopback”.
    This is non-standard use of MH and, as such, you’re more likely to see a guide to it written by a user than by Blokas officially.

• loopbacks are not really “Getting Started” material…
    …maybe the forum needs a “I Really Gotta Do This and I’m Willing to Take The Plunge” section?!
    (you just did)

That should be high on the priority list of code to write for M H.

• As said before, from what Giedrius has hinted, some advance in “internally modifiable” mappings is apparently being fashioned. It would be Midihub style for the likes of inverted mappings to then be built using existing components like Rescale.

In part3 of Step-by-Step.05, it talks about port-naming.
You can choose whatever names you want up to 32chars. But it’s only labelling and affects readability not functionality

More about this in the docs
Worth spending a little time on?

for the highlighted green…(btw; What do you call one of these boxes?)

These are “Pipes” which form “Pipelines”

…continuing this “message-flow” metaphor we can use the MIDI monitor to check what goes In to and Out from any selected Pipe.
cf Step-by-Step.04

Great stuff Mr. R!

Its not the names I am concerned about but the pipes. The pipes you refer to I don’t see-the ones with the word loop back in them. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the one that has loop back in it and says to A. So I could not follow the directions of your last post.

By the way the greatest box ever created, in my opinion is the Mentor from the 90s if you can find one in the UK. They are very rare. But they have all the functionalities that we are talking about. I sent a copy of the features page to G. I have one but the back lighting is pretty much dead, so it can’t be read, and it has a few sliders which are not functional. I have not been able to find anybody to fix it.
P

D.LOOPBACK is just a name I gave to MIDI-DIN-D to give a hint that it had a loop cable attached

As the help topic says, names can be merged

Try it:

Download loopback-mapping-tool
then do Screen Shot 2023-11-13 at 17.41.52

Screen Shot 2023-11-13 at 17.40.27

or if you have the PatchStorage Panel active

find it & double click on it and you’ll see

Note the stuff about port names down the bottom.
Play around with it and you’ll see what’s going on with the help topic.

(PS. chose loopback-tool cos it uses those names- it’s the same as the last line of your preset so the pipes can be deleted)

says to A

slightly worried by this; “To A” is just the default for whatever I/O port until you reset its Destination, right?

All the names that you’ve created/appended, for example:

Screen Shot 2023-11-13 at 17.57.41

will appear in the Destination drop down:

Screen Shot 2023-11-13 at 17.58.02

They’re all still the same ports 16 possible ports (here the Output list), just with different names.

OK… I got it. I think. I do need to go back and look at your last email now and try to follow through on it again. But it seems that I have already reached the limitations of MH as far as my purposes go.

-I can’t have another synth on C and round robin a/B/C.
Suppose I could attach a program number to my triple play preset button on the guitar and I have that be a duplicate of the first minihub port except have it be a/C Rather than a\B

-I don’t think there is a way to implement sostenuto, because G said he was working on it for a future update.

All right, I will get to work and review things that you have said. I can’t tell you what I help you’ve been!

No idea what this means!

No sostenuto, yet

As you become more familiar with Midihub you wouldn’t be the first to find it expands your purposes…

btw, which breath controller?

Apologies being indecipherable. Here is a picture of the basic equipment I use. He breath controller lies in front of the guitar. The foot pedal box receives the Midi signal from the Guitar. The foot controller and the pedals are used to manipulate the sound in real time.

-First, with MH I am trying to get it to serve my purposes. Expanding would be next.

-breath controller is by TEC.
-I have not really explored the use of virtual pipes. I don’t suppose they can be used to reverse the polarity of a map, but I will experiment more with this. I have five varied gigs coming up , then the holiday week, so I may be absent for a little bit. But I shall return!
Thanks, Peter