Multiple CC remap

Hi all.
I’m trying to get around a ‘limitation’ on my Midi
Fighter Twister. Each knob—which you can assign CC’s to, has a secondary function in which you can depress the knob while turning to send another CC. The problem I’m running into is that it can only duplicate the initial CC on a set midi channel—5 in this case. Remapping the channel is easy enough. I’m hoping to be able to assign different CCs on multiple ‘pressed’ knobs. In the CC remap, it seems to be setup to only do one CC at a time. This would necessitate me using upwards of 16 pipes to accomplish my goal.
Is there an easier way that I’m missing?
Perhaps I should feature request a pipe that could have multiple instances of remap?

Thanks
Ry

CC remap deals with multiple CCs with linear transformations for e.g. [0, 1, 2, 3] → [35, 30, 25, 20]

(The bigger issue with multiple use of CC Remap is often that each instance requires its own pipeline as it discards CC ids outside its input range)†

Jot down your mapping list

• d0 → r0
  • d1 → r1
  • etc…
    …it may be possible to use a CCRemap for several in one go (alongside careful use of CCRangeFilter)

† if savings can’t be made, it’s better to use Transform so that several can take place in the same pipeline

1 Like

16 transforms is really the better option. I don’t see any reason to make it more complicated than that unless for some reason you really really need free pipes. Transform lets you remap any CC to any CC and not be stuck with batch remapping in increments of one.

Thanks for the input.
I’ll put a feature request in. It’s seems totally doable to have a list of CC transformations in one pipe, ie when cc42 midi ch 5 shows up, transform to cc44 on midi 14, ALSO when cc43 ch 5 shows up transform cc45 ch 14 etc etc
I think remember midi solutions event processor being able to have a list style of transforms setup in line.
I’m curious if there is a limitation on number of pipes or pipelines or at the least a processing load as more build up? I don’t recall reading that info.
Thanks again.

Rye

255 pipes total.

bottom left of the Editor window:
Screen Shot 2023-06-25 at 04.30.09

don’t know about pipeline limit.
mappings: I think Giedrius mentioned 511/512

~

seems totally doable to have a list of CC transformations in one pipe

maybe doable but feels contrary to Midihub approach/philosophy/style of unitary building blocks that do one thing. (Just my opinion, though)

The other limitation which would come into play is the current patch structure:

• each pipe uses just 11 bytes.
  • Given that Byte0 is “PipeType”&“isBypassed”, that leaves 10 to cover all the other properties of a given type.
  • So, I’d estimate a max of three cc pairs possible;
    and that’s without considering other states like Transform’s Mode plus In/Active for each pairing! These and others (Any Channel In?) might bring it down to just two…

btw, Feel free to post your initial patch / CC mapping list; there might be the odd optimisation trick that could be brought into play.
Sometimes it’s neat to find pipe-saving sub-patterns…
…but, given the 255 max, rarely necessary!

1 Like

Will certainly post it.
Currently brainstorming layout of the controller and assigning the correct CC’s for the synth.

Such a great box they’ve come up with.
I think to my past midi implements and this is just a giant leap forward for non computer setups.

R

1 Like