Midihub Pipes Suggestions

Hi, sure, that’s already possible, check this:

Note to CC full range.mhp (76 Bytes)

The Note Remap pipe scales the middle octaves to the entire range and Transform pipe converts note number to CC value.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I had tried something very similar, but my mistake was not realizing that “Set Value to” was determining which incoming value was being grabbed

1 Like

Hey, I don’t know if this is possible with existing pipes, but if not, I’d like to suggest a ‘Strum Pipe’
I’ve seen a couple of midi controllers over the past year with strum features and would love to be able to use my midi hub to add that kind of functionality to my existing controllers.

Here’s some examples of what I mean by ‘strum’ in case it’s not self evident (they are both implemented very differently, but either would be wildly fun additions I think).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clSPULzvveY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFkY7CBMcmI

The basic idea though is somehow being able to scrub through several held note independently from one another (if that makes sense).

2 Likes

I don’t know if it was already proposed but it would be really handy to be able to add a pipe just to write a info message (I don’t want to say a note :wink: ) on what the next few pipes of the script are supposed to do.

Sometime I come back to my script and it’s not obvious to remember what I was trying to do.

5 Likes

There’s currently no direct strumming functionality, but I think you could experiment with pitch shift in a Delay pipe - set it to +1 semitones, 3 or 4 repetitions, place a scale remap pipe configured to turn the the semitones in a sequence to a chord of some sort. Of course, scale remap is based on some particular note, so it won’t allow for easy playing on the keyboard, but it could be interesting to set up some transpose pipes and MIDI map the transpose amount to change the position of the strummed chord, or maybe a couple of transpose pipes, and keep them bypassed and unbypass one of them (or a couple) at a time to play at different notes.

For different amounts of notes strummed, MIDI map the repetitions param of the Delay pipe.

Anyway, just some ideas how a similar effect could be achieved on Midihub based on what it currently has available. :slight_smile:

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: Midihub Note Generation

Hello, I don’t know if it’s technicaly possible, why not this pipes : Midi Glitcher, with the possibilty to map the rate "1/2, 1/4’… etc. and why not the type of Glitch like "freezing the sound, generate random midi notes. There is surely some people more inspired than me. Could be cool in a live performance to allow the midi too mess with any midi sequence. Could be so groovy on drums for exemple.

Late to the party here, and I’m not even sure if I’m in the right thread considering it got spun off into different topics. Is there a chance “delay event” will ever see the light of day? Would be very useful for me. Particular for downstream hardware that can’t process multiple messages immediately, let’s say I need to send a PC message to change patches and then a followup CC message to modify something, it would be great if the CC could be delayed in some cases.

1 Like

I hope that midihub will be able to do everything MIDI SOLUTIONS EVENT PROCESSOR already can do.

Especially remapping of MIDI CC value of specific MIDI CC NUMBER.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this has been suggested yet, but a pipeline device that converts Polyphonic to Monophonic based on low/high/last note would be really useful, or something that achieves similar functionality

Just got mine and got it set up quickly!

Two suggestions off the top of my head:

1. Aliases for the Inputs and Outputs
  2. Boolean Logic

Such a cool little box!

1 Like
  • Envellope Pipe : with note trigger function
  • Note (or anything) to send Sysex messages (long if possible)
    example :
    F0 43 76 00 00 00 04 00 0C 01 01 01 00 04 09 02 0D 07 0B 0F 03 0F 01 0D 01 09 00 00 00 04 0D 07 03 06 02 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 09 00 03 03 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 4A F7
    to send presets to synths via sysex

You can use a single translator to map a bunch of notes in Bome MIDI Translator Pro. You just have to add rules. I do it all the time.

Reach out to us on our forum if you have further questions.

Steve - Bome Support

P.S. I also use MIDI Hub.

3 Likes

Suggestion for improving the Sustain pipe by adding a “Piano” mode where the Sustain On parameter delays the sending of individual Note Off messages from pressed keys until the Trigger releases Sustain On. I’ve seen comments about the unintuitive behavior of the Sustain pipe bc it operates on an All Notes Off message, meaning it turns off notes that are still being held when the Trigger is released. If the pipe filtered out Note Off messages, but also logged those messages, it could resend those individual Note Off messages when the sustain pedal is released. Not sure what that upper limit is, processing wise, on how many messages could be logged, but an arbitrary number like 10 (10 fingers) would probably create a convincing effect. Simply reject futher notes after the max is reached, or alternatively, have the first-in notes be released consecutively as further notes replace them in the buffer?

1 Like

id like to see a step sequencer in there that can be triggered like a programmable arpeggiator. with like a 64 step limit maybe? with note and cc events?

2 Likes

Hi, I’m a new user of Midihub, pretty impressed by all the things I can do with it.
I would maybe have a feature idea to improve the random pipe.

I’m used to have different random “styles” with PD or max msp.
I think it could be interesting to have several ways of randomize things.
For example in Max there are 3 “styles” of randomness : random, urn and drunk.

I think this could be very interesting to implement this in midihub too !

But maybe because I’m new, there are other ways to create urn and drunk ?

2 Likes

Translate the MIDI channel of Note on/off message based on the note itself by adding or subtract a constant number.

I’m trying to set up a scenario where I use a Nord Drum 3P as a drum controller for an Elektron Digitakt and I use the Digitakt to sequence the Nord Drum 3P at the same time.

It is very simple to do the latter. A bit more difficult to do the former.

The Nord Drum uses a global channel to send MIDI note on/off messages when a pad is triggered.

The tracks in the Digitakt have their own MIDI input channels.

I can choose the MIDI note for the individual pads on the Nord Drum.

Let’s say I set the pads to start with note 61 and end with note 66. The global channel is set to 10.

I hit the first pad. The Nord drum sends a note 61 on, channel 10 and then a note 61 off, channel 10.

I would need a pipe which would take this message and replace the MIDI channel with the Note minus X, where X would be 60 in my case.

The output of the pipe for the example above wouls be note 61 on, channel 1 and then note 61 off, channel 1.

I left out the velocity on purpose because that would be untouched.

A bonus points would be if I could make it so that MIDI message on the output would always have the same note.

Let’s say I picked Note 72.

Then the above example woule be note 72 on, channel 1, note 72 off, channel 1.

Obviously there is a huge difference in the range of the MIDI notes and the channel range, so over/underflows should be clamped to 16 and 1 respectively.

An even more flexible variant of this pipe would allow the manipulation of both the channel and the note, either by adding a positive or negative offset, or by replacing the value with a static one.

How many such note transformations would you like to make? You can already use a bunch of Transform pipes to convert Note On 61 on Channel 10 to Note On 61 (or some other number) on Channel 1, keeping velocity, same for Note Off. You can put multiple Transform pipes in a single pipeline, each set to work with particular note number and channel.

Feel free to create a new topic about this use case :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just need to set the note range to essentially include a single note. I missed that. I will try it and report back.

1 Like

It worked. Thanks!

1 Like