Extra Transform options (NRPN/SysEx)?

Transform pipe can do that, and we’re about to release an update for its functionality. :wink:

2 Likes

Ah that’s great! Thanks Giedrius. PS totally loving my MIDIHub so far and I only got it a couple of days ago. Great work

I can’t wait for CC to NRPN transforms so that I can sweep high-res parameters on my Elektron Digis from my CC limited Pyramid. How long do you think this will take? because my Blokas arrives next week . :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d really like this feature as well,
On one of my synths I can only toggle multi trigger on/off (legato) over sysex, and it’d be great to be able to send midi cc and translate that to said sysex-messages.

Example of sysex that turns on (so byte 10 set to 01 sets multi trigger on, and 00 is off) :
on:
F0 00 20 32 00 01 0c 00 14 01 00 F7
off:
F0 00 20 32 00 01 0c 00 14 00 00 F7

In this example, being able to just translate midi cc to the corresponding value for on/off would be an amazing workflow improvement for me. This feels like quite a general thing that should be helpful for many usecases with these kind of sysex only settings.

1 Like

Hey, this would be really helpful for me too! I haven’t worked with SysEx messages before, but I want to be able to map MIDI CC from drawbars on an external midi controller to SysEx to control organ drawbar parameters live.

1 Like

I don’t want to bump, but I hope this can get some attention as I think it’d be a really useful feature.
I’ve been talking to some other musician friends and there aren’t a whole lot of clever sysex capable midi hubs like this. It’d be a really great feature to work as a bridge between midi cc/notes and sysex for the equipment that has some settings only over sysex.

1 Like

Hi, I‘d like to add another example here, hope it helps with the implementation.

I‘d be happy if I could translate my midi controllers CC messages to SysEx to edit some global settings of the Moog Matriarch.

Here‘s a screenshot from the manual:

2 Likes

Hi,
It would be great if certain machines would have ready to go ‘cc to sysex’ presets (as @Giedrius mentioned for the dx7)
It somehow reminds me of Squarp pyramid’s definition files.
If a system is put in place, with a clear template, forum users could submit implementations for various machines (I’d personally love a juno106 preset), that could be added easily within the next os updates by the blokas team.

3 Likes

Just recently got a midihub and am immediately wanting some SysEx control lol.
I use my Peavey 1600 for that now, but it would be super awesome to use some of the pipes with SysEx .

1 Like

Sorry, I haven’t used the Midihub much and am only getting back to it now. I could look up the strings I use to control sysex on my EX-8000 via Bome CC conversion if it would still help.

2 Likes

Yes, it’d be helpful. :slight_smile:

I’ve attached a screenshot of what I have setup in Bome Translator.

Basically, I take the Korg EX8000 parameter number for the SysEx change (in this case, Cutoff is 31, offset is 15) and use that number as a CC value to translate to the SysEx value.

So when my sequencer connects to Bome Translator via CC 31, it translates the value received by the sequencer for CC 31 to “F0 42 3C 03 41 0F”, the SysEx value for the cutoff. The last Hex number, 0F (`15), is the parameter offset for the cutoff.

The MIDI chart is at the end of the manual. Its been a bit since I’ve done this translation, but hope that makes sense. I included part of it in a screenshot too.

2 Likes