[Download] Midihub Editor 1.13.3 & Firmware 1.13.1

You’re right, it still happens it seems.
I only had it happen once though, and I’m still not sure what causes it.

It’s kind of tricky to work it out though as I have quite a complex setup, but it’s the first time it has happened since I installed 1.13.

I have been considering rebuilding my presets from the ground up though just to see if I can simplify it (I have a lot of lanes that are no longer in use, and I don’t used virtual ports as much as I should when I first set this up).
That might help me make some new finds.

What I do know though is that this only happens if my synth has MIDI CC Receive on. Otherwise it doesn’t occur. Said synth is also the first in the chain on that particular output.
There’s however a good (? :smiley: ) potential for midi feedback if some logic no longer works as expected.
I’ll stick to it and see if I can get any progress.

1 Like

Nice to see port naming in this release, unfortunatly it can´t be done pipe by pipe as my INs come one time from the NDLR and on another time from certain synths. It depends on the midichannel in my setup, the ports have different inputs from different devices and I think it´s quite normal that you don´t need all 16 channels from a Port point to only one device.

1 Like

No issues yet experience when upgrading to 1.13.1 editor and 1.13.0 firmware. MIDI fix works fine so no more missing ‘Note Off’ events.

1 Like

Awesome! Just came back to see when the next version was coming, nice holiday surprise.

1 Like

Issue - arp doesn’t seem to be working properly at all.
It’s playing 1/2 to 1/3 of the notes, and the notes don’t seem to be playing at the correct time intervals or in the correct order.

1 Like

Thank you for the report, we’ll look into that. :slight_smile:

We’ve released a minor update, details of changes are in the first post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Port naming is such a win. I’m updating this weekend. Cheers!!

1 Like

1.13.3 was released, fixing the Connect Error 11 that was being reported for users upgrading from earlier MH versions.

3 Likes

As always so far in Linux (I reported the bug for one of the previous versions of firmware) automatic upgrade does not work:
b1

This time, however, even after toggle power/disconnect cable, this was appearing:
b2

possibly because this upgrade was “obligatory”. Manual upgrade worked but after it, it turned out that the presets were deleted.

Hi @uth, we test the firmware update on Ubuntu x86_64 and Raspbian ARM Linuxes, it is working just fine on our test devices. You can find a backup of the memory contents here:

~/.local/share/Blokas/Midihub Editor

Is there anything specific to your installation that could impact Serial / USB communication?

Do you have time to dig into this and provide some additional info? If so, I’ll send you a PM with details. :slight_smile:

Hi Giedrus.

It’s just a laptop bought few years ago, with Midihub connected directly to the USB port. The laptop itself and the internet connection seem ok. If I recall well, there was a message “erased 50%” before the error showed up.
Yes I would want to debug this. This is the same unit where Microtonal occasionally loses its configuration (until restart, I wrote about it) so I wonder if the microcontroller is stable. On the contrary, the manual upgrade works in every case.

• the unit never freezes, so maybe the microcontroller is ok
  • due to differences between octaves, I use scala files with frequencies separate for each MIDI note, up to 127, maybe this makes Microtone glitch occasionally?

Also, Microtone worked ok at least since the previous upgrade (1.11?). Coincidence or not.

So does it work ok in latest versions? :slight_smile: If not, please create a new topic or revive the previous one to discuss details. If possible, a consistent way to reproduce the issue would be really helpful.

Thanky you ! Working like a charm !

Ted