We've released new versions of pisound-btn, kernel module and firmware for the pisound beta boards!
In a nutshell, we have improved the visual feedback of using the button to load puredata patches, added 16 bit sample format support and made it compatible with the volumealsa widget.
To get the latest stuff, you need to upgrade the firmware, instructions here ( https://github.com/BlokasLabs/pisound-firmware) and run the install-pisound.sh script again ( http://blokas.io/pisound )
- Double Click event support added.
- single_click.sh script will attempt to mount any attached USB device as well as search for main.pd first in the attached media, then, if not yet found, in /usr/local/etc/pisound-patches/ in the sdcard.
- double_click.sh script will kill all puredata instances and unmount the attached USB devices.
- hold.sh script will still safely shutdown the device.
- down.sh script was added for completeness, for your customization.
- up.sh script was also added for completeness, for your customization.
- Better visual feedback using the MIDI activity LEDs added:
- After every click, the LEDs should flash.
- In case of single_click.sh success, the LEDs should flash three times after puredata got started (can take a few seconds).
- In case the patch was not found after single_click, one long flash should be displayed (firmware update for beta pisound boards is required).
- After double_click.sh finishes unmounting attached media, it will flash with moderate duration for 2 times.
- After hold.sh, the LED will flash 10 times quickly.
Kernel module changes:
- Added /sys/kernel/pisound/led sysfs object for allowing scripts to flash MIDI LEDs for variable durations, firmware was accordingly.
- Added compatibility with 16 bit sample formats.
- Fixed generic bcm2835-i2s driver to allow asymmetric sample formats.
- Added compatibility with volumealsa raspbian widget, so pisound can be set as default output card through it.